Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cleaning Protocol when Selling a House

So, I am preparing to put our house on the market and I began on the kitchen today.....Nothing major, just replacing the hardware and cleaning. I always end up way deeper than intended when cleaning. I went from replacing the hardware to pulling everything out of every cabinet and drawer, creating a trash, garage sale, pack now and pack later pile to cleaning all of the spice jars and dusting the ceiling. Mid way through this, I thought to myself "Why I am I going to this much trouble to make the insides of the cabinets and drawers immaculate? Will anyone actually notice?" When we moved in here, it took me an eternity to clean that kitchen. It looked like they had been slinging soup or curry or some other runny food all over the walls. It was disgusting. I guess I feel like it is common courtesy to clean the house you are selling. Unfortunately, I am not sure where to draw the line. When they show my house will it need to be spotless? Am I going to go crazy trying to keep it clean in the process? I have never sold a home before, so I am not sure what the protocol for this kind of thing is. I am just trying to take it day by day, scratching one thing off my list at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home