Friday, August 10, 2007

My Rack and My New Rack






So it is self-proclaimed "love your bike day" at my house. My day has consisted of giving only the best to my sweet little KHS. Don't tell it I would rather have a Clever Cycles Bakfiet.....it would crush her precious little soul. I digress. Anyhow, my day started off, picking up my newly tuned baby from Veloce bike shop on Hawthorne at 10:00 am. From there, I rode towards Mall 205, for maybe half a mile, until I realized "shit, no lock." at which point I turned around and headed back to my house to grab the bike lock from the Burley. I proceeded to backtrack again, toward my original destination of Mall 205. I always say that I can ride anywhere I need to go with exception to Target and Home Depot, so today I decided to put this theory to the test. I was in desperate need of some peg board accessories from HD and big girl panties from Target, not for me, duh! I hate panties. Digressing again.....So I figured small enough items to carry, no lumber involved...I am taking the bike. I hit Target first, loading up on big girl panties, a sippie cup, a conductors hat and train whistle for Fi and a hat for myself (total sucker for hats!) Then I almost managed to get to HD without stopping when Performance Bike shop sucked me in. I ended up leaving with some new tires, but they were half off and she needed them so she could go faster , faster, faster. Luckily I managed to get in and out of Home Depot without any excessive purchases, partly in fact that I had no more room to cram things and was already wearing a pair of tires over my shoulder. I got back home, put on my new tires and became obsessed with buying a new basket, so I hopped back on my bike and headed toward downtown. I stopped in to City Bikes where they trued my rear tire. I am sure it was not due to an operational error...and they gave me the bad news. No front basket, at least not the any of ones I was looking at, would work with my shocks, so I settled on a new rack which will soon enough have a pannier attached to it, unless I get too lazy and bungy a milk crate to it so that I can ride like Leon. Needless to say, my bike got some super extra special lovin' today and I never heard it complain once. And how gay am I hitting three bike shops in a day all while wearing this shirt?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger baby lawnmower said...

OMG where did you get that shirt? I WANT ONE!

8/11/2007 9:13 PM  
Blogger michelle foy said...

Presents of mind and they run realllly small. I have been eying them for a month or so but they only had XS, M and XL. I ended up getting the XL. Thank dog I am not any bigger than a size 8. What are these Italian sizes?? See you tomorrow. Can't wait. Maybe we should do post Fiona's bedtime. What do you think? I think I will be able to ride either way, but I would rather have some adult time so we can actually talk. LMK.

8/11/2007 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home