Tuesday, March 27, 2007

How does the saying go?






Growing up, I remember my step-mom saying that there were only two things in life that were certain, death and taxes. I cannot remember exactly how she said it. I am sure it deviated from Mr. Franklin's original quote. None-the-less, I believed this up until this week. I am a member of Netflix and a total documentary addict. I love that they make recommendations based on ratings you give for other movies. This is the bomb. I have been getting some really fascinating things in the mail lately. The latest is "America:Freedom to Fascism." Sounded appealing enough. It discusses how the taxation of the American people on a Federal level is actually against the Constitution. And, subsequently, most states have a clause stating that anyone required to file a federal return must file a state return, so most people are not required to file either on their INCOME as wages. However, you are required to file on capital gains, which is fascinating to me, because by my guesstimate, most of the lower and middle class don't have much in the way of capital gains and therefore should not be subject to taxation, at least not by the IRS. Wouldn't it be grand if you woke up one day and there was a class action case against the IRS by all the little people....or the little people actually won and the only people who had to pay income tax were the really wealthy. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with being wealthy, but they should be paying more in taxes instead of cheating their way out because they can afford to. Oh my, did that just turn in to a rant? Bottom line, it is an interesting fact that not many people know and worth looking in to either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home